Mon - Fri: 8:30 - 4:30
(609) 883-2900 
2 Jake Garzio Drive
Ewing, NJ 08628


Photo credit: This Photo by Unknown Author is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND

UPDATED 3-24-2020: Please note that the Twp offices remain closed to the public and there is no admittance due to the COVID-19 outbreak. Additionally, only minimal staffing of employees are reporting in an effort to provide services. Please be patient during this challenging and uncertain time. We are doing our best to maintain a level of service while protecting both the public and employees. Inspections are extremely limited as there is limited staff to conduct them.

We are only conducting inspections of VACANT, NEW CONSTRUCTION or EXTERIOR AREAS. No physical interior inspections of occupied residential structures are being conducted at this time.

If this type of inspection is needed please make a request providing a valid contact number and email in your request. We will contact you to determine how best to address your request. Applications and payments may be made via regular mail or by dropping off in the black tax collector payment mailbox located at the upper parking lot main entrance. We will post further information and updates here as available. We apologize for this inconvenience. Remember that together we are one and are strong.

As of March 3rd, all construction applications and plans must reference 2018 codes. 2015 codes are no longer acceptable.All solar applications need to fill out a construction permit constisting of a building, fire and electrical applications.

Hours & Contact

Mailing Address
Construction Office
Township of Ewing
2 Jake Garzio Drive
Ewing, NJ 08628

p: (609) 883-2900 
f: (609) 406-1384

Hours of Operation
M, T, Th, F - 8:30am - 4pm
**Closed Wednesdays**
SDL Portal


Ewing Township’s SDL Portal is a cloud-based service that provides citizens, contractors and other professionals with ready access to up-to-date Ewing data and services whenever they need it, 24/7. Creation of an account is required to participate.
  • Click here to view the status of your application.  
  • Click here to request an inspection.
  • Click here to file a Code Enforcement complaint

Lookup Permit

Housing Information

Who to call with Housing Related Questions
Housing |Rental | Property Transfer - Mike Stallone x 7673


  • Inspection of all dwellings and commercial buildings for resale and rentals in accordance with Ewing Township ordinances and International Property Maintenance Code.
  • Property maintenance inspection of all buildings within the township in the event of a written complaint[s].

Property Transfer

All dwellings or commercial buildings being offered for resale in Ewing Township must be inspected and approved by the Division of Housing.   All necessary forms can be found in the Paper Applications & Forms section in the right column.

SPECIAL PROVISIONS as of 3-19-2020:

For the property transfer of a residential dwelling the Mayor has temporarily suspended the full property transfers inspections and those requirements. This allows for the use of the Division of Fire Safety Certificate of Smoke Alarm, Carbon Monoxide Alarm, Portable Fire Extinguisher Compliance (CSACMAPFEC) application to be used. This allows an individual to certify that the alarms and devices and in place and properly functioning. The certifying individual cannot be a resident of the dwelling. The form needs to be filled in in full, signed by the certifying individual attesting to the information upon the form and then notarized. A copy of the fire extinguisher receipt is needed as well and should be included with the form. The payment is determined based on the closing date indicated on the application and is as per the DFS schedule contained within the Uniform Fire Code  (N.J.A.C. 5:70-2.9(d))  see below. Please submit your payment made payable to Ewing Township. Once the application is deemed complete it will be processed and a compliance certificate will be emailed to you. (It is important to include a neat and clearly legible email upon the application).

Requests for a CSACMAPFEC recieved more than 10 business days prior to the change of occupant: $45.00

Requests for a CSACMAPFEC received four to 10 business days prior to the change of occupant: $90.00

Requests for a CSACMAPFEC received fewer than four business days prior to the change of occupant: $161.00


All rental residential dwellings must be registered with the Township by January 1 of every year – regardless of tenant change – in accordance with Ewing Township ordinance 10-07. The registration process begins with our Rental Registration and Rental Fire forms.

Note: All Rental Registrations and Rental Fire Prevention forms are due January 31 of every year. Currently, Property Maintenance Inspections are not required until further notice. However, all Landlords are required to have a Property Maintenance Inspection upon the change of any tenant.

Property/Tenant Transfer Inspection

CLICK HERE for a brief description of what the Inspector will look for, however it is not limited to just these items.

Changes to the Fire Code for Residential Rental and Resale Properties

Please be advised that important changes have been made recently to the NJ Uniform Fire Code that affect both residential rental properties and residential properties that are being resold.  These inspection changes help to reduce the fire risk to occupants that are typical to residential properties.

Smoke Alarms

Ten-year sealed battery-powered single station smoke alarms are now required for any residential property transfer.  Any residential rental property currently utilizing detectors that have replaceable batteries MUST BE REPLACED with the ten year sealed battery type. This includes combination detectors (smoke/carbon monoxide). You may not replace any A.C. powered single or multiple station smoke alarms with battery-powered smoke alarms.   A/C-powered smoke alarms shall be accepted as meeting all the requirements as of January 1st, 2019.  See N.J.A.C. 5:70-4.19 for full explanation of the requirements. 

Fire Extinguishers

Portable fire extinguishers must be installed within 10 feet of the kitchen and located in the path of egress within full view and readily accessible.  They must be mounted so that the top is not more than 5 feet above the floor using the manufacturer's hanging bracket with the operating instructions clearly visible.  The owner’s manual must be provided during the inspection and left for the new occupant. 

The extinguisher shall be an approved listed and labeled type with a minimum rating of 2A-10B:C and no more than 10 pounds.  Please note that anything less than a 3 lb. extinguisher will NOT satisfy this requirement.   The extinguisher must also be serviced and tagged as operational by a certified Division of Fire Safety contractor within the past 12 months or the seller must have a receipt for a recently purchased extinguisher.  Again see N.J.A.C. 5:70-4.19 section (e) for the full explanation of the requirements. 

Municipal Building 
2 Jake Garzio Drive
Ewing, NJ 08628 
(609) 883-2900 
 M-F: 8:30am - 4:30pm 

Senior & Community Center 
999 Lower Ferry Road 
Ewing, NJ 08628 
(609) 883-1776 
 M-F: 8:30am - 4:30pm

Hollowbrook Community Center
320 Hollowbrook Drive
Ewing, NJ  08638
(609)  883-1199
M-F: 8:30am - 4:30pm

Scotch Road (Public Works) 
Bulk and Electronic Items 
Th-F: 7:00am - 3:00pm 
 Sat: 7:00am - 2:30pm

Jack Stephan Way (Brush Drop-off) 
M-Sat: 7:30am - 2:30pm 

Ewing Animal Shelter 
4 Jake Garzio Drive 
 (609) 771-8076

Ewing Police 
2 Jake Garzio Drive 
(609) 882-1313

Ewing Branch Library 
61 Scotch Road 
(609) 882-3130


Rental Property Concern Hotline
(609) 323-1177

Ewing Public Schools
2099 Pennington Road

Ewing, NJ 08618
P: (609) 538-9800
F: (609) 538-0041

Weather Central
Courtesy of PHVFC

Sustainable jersey logoVet Recog 


Municipal Websites by Spatial Data Logic