Jeanette C. Spann
p: (609)883-1776, Option 2
Transportation Inquiries: (609)468-9364
Senior Services Office
Township of Ewing
999 Lower Ferry Road
Ewing, NJ 08628
Hours of operation: 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM Monday – Friday.
The Pool Sharks are here 8:30 AM – 12 Noon on the weekends.
The Department strives diligently to provide avenues which promote independent living. This goal is achieved through its activities, senior van service and Mercer County Outreach service.
The Ewing SeniorNet Computer Literacy Center (www.clcewing.org) is affiliated with SeniorNet, Inc., a national non-profit organized founded to teach computer skills to older adults in and understandable, enjoyable and friendly way. This page is also a gateway for Ewing residents to obtain information about Senior Citizen services available throughout the Internet. Check back often because new links are often added.
The goal of the Ewing Township Senior Citizen Department is to provide for the health, education, recreation, general well being, and special needs of its Senior Citizen population, while enhancing the quality of life for them.
Through the Senior Division, mature residents are also offered guidance and assistance when organizing potential Senior Citizen Clubs.
In House Services
- Mercer County E.A.S.E.
- Counseling on Health Insurance
- Annual Flu Shots
- Mercer County Nutrition (at Hollowbrook Center, 320 Hollowbrook Drive)
- Senior Identification Cards
- Blood Pressure Screening
- Recreational Duplicate Bridge
- Card Games
- Bible Study
- Drop-in Activities
- Dance and Exercise
- Summer – Swimming/Aquacise
- Senior Net Computer Literacy Program
- Weight Room – 9:30 AM – 10:30 AM – Senior Citizens (No Fee)
- Indoor Walking – 9:30 – 10:30 AM (Gym) Also open when no other activity is taking place.
Information & Referrals
- Pharmaceutical Assistance Program (PAAD)
- Home Energy Assistance Program (HEAP)
- Hearing Aide Assistance (HAAD)
- Legal Assistance
- Seminar/Workshops on Senior Citizen Issues.
- June Picnic
- Fourth of July Parade
- Holiday Parties
- End of Summer Picnic
- This service is free to Ewing residents aged 60 and older and are unable to drive.
- Reservations can be made Monday – Friday between 8:30 AM – 1PM.